Thursday, June 18, 2009

A few pictures

I should preface this with a note: I don't, in any way, consider myself a photographer or even a possessor of knowledge about photography, digital or otherwise. Any nice picture I manage to get is pure, blind, luck. I mean, I'm familiar with some concepts about composition, but mainly I go by my aesthetic sense, which may be lacking and undertrained. So by posting photos here, I'm not saying "Wow! These photos r awesum guys, I am going to go do a black and white self-portrait at an interesting angle." They're just pictures that I took and happen to like. Let me put it this way - I know a lot more about knitting than I do about photography, and considering that my greatest woollen achievements so far have been a few scarves and a giant orange square, that's not saying much.

Anyway, these are from the cottage last weekend. The sky was a little overcast, but mostly sunny, so I have no idea how the colouring in these came to be. Maybe I had it accidentally set on sepia or something. I'd like to print these and frame them to hang up, to remind me of the lake even when I have to be in the city.

Where the boats go in, by the cedar

The strong sunlight probably isn't very good for my camera

Death from ABOVE!

I particularly like the last one. It's kind of creepy.

No comments: