Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back in action (blanket action, anyway)

I haven't updated in, oh, a few months, but it's been really busy, what with final projects and exams and graduation and all that.

Anyway, I finally finished the orange blanket for the SPCA:

Blanket (+cat)

Cat is included once again for scale, and to demonstrate that it's apparently already feline-approved. I guess this means I'll need to wash it before I bring it in so that it doesn't look gently used, what with the cat hairs and all.

So that's one down, ? to go. The next one will probably be white, and I'll probably be knitting on slightly larger needles. This one was done on 4.5mm, I think. I don't want it to be too loose, in case it falls apart more easily or isn't as warm, but I'd like it to go a little faster than the first one did. Once I use up the white stuff, I might have to do some stripes or some patchwork-style, since I won't have enough balls of the same colour to make a whole blanket. There might be one in neon yellow, pink, green, and orange stripes - I'm looking forward to it.

Anyway, that's pretty much all that I've done in the last couple of months. Next on the docket, aside from the blanket, is a pair of socks, assuming I can manage to get them started without losing an eye or throwing the whole thing down in a rage (which has already happened once or twice).

2 comments:

ilhu said...

what i enjoy doing is - knitting w/ 2 strands held together on larger gauge needles. knits faster and is more bulky. WIN.

KG said...

I wish I'd thought of that before I started knitting it, which I have. Oh well.