Friday, March 27, 2009

Unfinished

This evening I busted out the paints on a whim.

the unfinished painting

The original idea was something totally different. Lots of oranges and reds and explosions and whatnot. But when I did the sky, I liked the intense blue so much that I left it. It still needs something, though, and I'm not sure what. It strikes me that the horizon should be a little lower if it was to stand on its own the way it is... so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I just know it would be a shame to cover that blue too much. I might end up doing a modification of my original idea. That's the beauty of acrylics. I can leave it for now and come back to it later and no harm done.

I've hung it up in my living room just so I can catch glances of it every now and again and maybe figure how to finish it.

2 comments:

Mum said...

Can it be from the perspective of someone lying down looking towards the horizon at their feet? Or maybe the view from a valley or low lying area?

KG said...

I've already altered it (you saw it on Saturday), and I figured out what to add. I might get around to it later this week. Painting is so procedurally finicky, though. I usually don't have the time until late at night, then I'm lazy to take out the paints and brushes and water and cover everything with newspaper and etc. etc.