Sunday, November 23, 2008

UGH!

Okay, so I can't give any details here because this is a Christmas present we're talking about, but holy crap, knitting can SUCK sometimes! I knitted last night for roughly 4 hours and when midnight rolled around, what did I have? Nothing. Really. Nothing. Literally zero. I ripped my little heart out. I restarted this morning and things are going much better but JESUS.

Word to my future self: do not jump into a pattern before making sure that you know exactly what everything on the chart means. Even that red box around certain stitches which you completely ignored. And OH YEAH, don't forget to maybe find a photo of a stitch before attempting it!

In short: yarn-overs can bite me!

Anyway, I'll be working on Christmas stuff for the next little while so I'll be adding photos and whatnot after the gifts are given. I'd love to rant and rave some more, but it would ruin the surprise. Also, I couldn't digital-photo-take my way out of paper bag. I have to play with the settings on my camera.

No comments: