Thursday, February 12, 2009

Decreased mobility (in a literal sense, of course)

I've been laid up for the last two days with a put-out back, but thanks to my wireless internet I can still do most of the schoolwork I need to, and I actually have more time, so who's to say this isn't a blessing, really? Aside from the fact that I have a hard time putting on underwear and sitting down to pee, everything's peachy.

Anyway, my point is that I foresee a large spike in the amount of time spent knitting in the near future. I'm still working on that garter stitch dog blanket, so luckily I can work while watching Youtube clips of Whose Line is it Anyway and not worry about messing up the pattern.

I was looking through this book called Not Your Mother's Knitting or somesuch (I don't actually have it on hand), and found a nice little pattern for cabled slipper-socks. Boy, I can't wait until I can afford nice yarn.


footnote: I fully realize that saying "laid up" makes me sound like I time-traveled here from the amazing year 1935.

No comments: