Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Noro scarf success (almost)

Finally, finally, FINALLY, I went out and bought the rest of that Noro yarn I've been talking about. So my Noro striped scarf is nearing the final stages of its completion.

I knitted a 1x1 rib, like Jared Flood did, and it turned out great. Squishy, no rolling, and it does indeed "plump up" into a stockinette-like fabric, like Jared said. Of course, it's hard to knit a six-foot long strip without some kind of tension issues, so there are a few spots that are wider than the rest, and one edge is perpetually tighter than the other, which I tried to correct as I progressed, but the scarf still has an overall curve to one side. Also, I wish I had chosen colorways with a few brighter and more vivid shades. But on the plus side, I figured out slipped-stitch edging (the trick is to hold the working yarn in front for purlwise and in back for knitwise), and, really, it's a scarf. No one's going to be using it as a ruler down at NASA. A few bumps don't matter, and maybe I can even fix them with a little blocking.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool colours....I like it! Couldn't see many bumps or curves from your pics and won't see them at ALL around your neck :-)

Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful Kayleigh. I LOVE it. Also LOVE the painting I saw, the blue one.
Auntie Monica